There is a lot more to being an ethical company than simply adhering to the letter of the law.
As part of our long-standing commitment to ethics and good corporate citizenship, our first step is always to comply with the laws and regulations that govern the way we operate.
We have a well-established compliance program that:
- is consistent with laws set forth by the Cambodian Government, Cambodian Anti Corruption Unit and anti-bribery policies adopted by the many companies we represent;
- seeks to prevent, detect and resolve potential violations of law or company policy; and
- undergoes regular assessment and adjustment to make sure we are being responsive to our evolving business and associated compliance risks.
SMCS Risk’s senior management, including the company’s advisors, oversee the company’s compliance program, including compliance-related policies and procedures, education and training – all of which reflect the highest standards and are tailored to SMCS Risk’s business and culture.
In addition, we:
- require employees to report potential violations of law or company policy;
- hold ourselves accountable for responding promptly when potential violations arise;
- take disciplinary action as appropriate; and
- examine whether identified violations are in part due to gaps in our policies, practices or internal controls and, if so, take appropriate action to prevent future violations.
Our compliance program is just one part of our overall commitment to operating ethically, openly and transparently.